- Shall have a shape that is easy to grasp with one hand and does not require tight grasping, tight pinching, or twisting of the wrist to operate.” (ADA Accessibility Guideline: 4.13.9)
- No higher than 48”
- Limit pinching/twisting
- Suggested lock types: Padlock hasp or high security padlock hasp with user supplied ADA compliant lock
- Interior hooks, no higher than 48”
- Shelves: no higher than 48”, there must be a shelf no lower than 15” (above finished floor)
- Clearance in front of locker must be a minimum of 24” away from the lockers and 30” in width along the lockers. Foreman’s recommended clearance is 60”, circular to allow for a wheel chair to turn.